Thursday, July 18, 2013

My Classroom 2013!

It's starting to look good...
I got the black pocket chart from

So I started by covering the walls with white butcher paper.  I felt a little like a Lucille Ball episode trying to wallpaper alone!  It was funny and not something I want to do for a living.

Then I added black, pink, and cream colored accents.  The pink here is wrapping paper that I found at TJMax.  I added black polka dot trim, and felt flowers that I found at Walmart and used a cupcake liner for the center.  The polka dot borders I found at  They were very cheap!

For my wall calendar, I use 2 magnetic boards.  I make my calendar pieces using Avery magnet sheets so I can make any pattern that we are currently learning in class.  I purchased the months and day signs on tpt from A Cupcake for the Teacher.  Love her stuff. 

I created signs, decorations, and trims using my computer.
I covered my desk and the little table with white and black polka dot fabric and white duct tape.
I made the pennants by creating the shape in powerpoint, turning it into an outline shape only, cutting my scrapbooking paper to 8.5 x 11, and then sending it through the printer.  I hung it with mini clothespins on twine.

 I bought the lanterns and put sticky alphabet, numbers, and end punctuation on the bottoms so the kids can look up for help.
I attached black butcher paper to my cabinet doors with black duct tape, then I created a new alphabet and our 100 sight words.  I attached black ribbon to the bottom of each letter and hot glued mini clothespins to the ribbon.  I then clipped the sight words on and hot glued the letter to the butcher paper.   I want  to be able to remove and replace the words so I can hand them to children if needed.  Plus I wanted them to be neat and in line.  I know a tiny bit obsessed with neat.  I'm sorry, but kindergarten can get really messy if we are not neat and organized, you know.  I attached little pink stars for a final touch.
I used the other cabinets for noise levels, (Cupcake for the Teacher), hand signals, stars, and rules.
I made this poster using the same design and I attached it to a black ribbon and then attached the ribbon to the top of one of the cabinets.
I made this framed art by ordering the lettering and rubbing it on the black frame that my hubby painted for me.
I made the letters with felt, scrapbooking paper and my sewing machine.  More to come... I'm not finished yet and will post more pictures when I finish the next step.  Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Someone recently nominated me for this award because I had less than 200 blog followers, so I am paying it forward and nominating you. See my post to see what you can do: